Welcome to My Page!

Take a look through my eyes and into my thoughts

Wednesday 18 September 2013

May I Have This Dance?


It's funny how the smallest things can make us flash back to a specific memory in our pasts, or certain music can create a scene in your head, or how a certain smell reminds you of a certain season. Sights, sounds, and smells usually send me flying back to the past, remembering distant memories that I usually forget to think about. It's nice when a song comes on and suddenly I'm no longer in my living room, I'm transported to a ballroom. I'm wearing a beautiful long, cream coloured dress and my hair is in a tight bun near the top of my head. White candles are lit all around the room, there is no other light but candle light. A man in a suit walks out from the shadows and takes my hand. He holds out his arms as if asking "may I have this dance?" I smile and nod, and silently accept. We begin spinning around the room, dancing effortlessly, despite never taking a single lesson. We smile, not only with our lips, but with our eyes as well. Our steps are perfectly in tune, never missing a beat, like we're moving as one. We swirl and twirl around the ballroom as the piano notes quicken, still never missing a step. But soon enough, the music slows and we stop twirling and begin to sway instead. I close my eyes for a moment to enjoy the beautiful music and the smell of burning candle wax that surrounds me. We stop swaying as the music stops, and I open my eyes. I'm back in my living room. If only, if only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment