Welcome to My Page!

Take a look through my eyes and into my thoughts

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Take a Minute and Really Think About This.

Just because I'm 19 years old doesn't mean that I'm a typical 19 year old. It doesn't mean that I have no idea what I'm talking about. It doesn't mean that I don't know what hard work is. It doesn't mean that I'm spoiled. It doesn't mean that I party all the time (or in my case, at all). So before you ignore what I have to say maybe listen for a minute and hear what I have to say because maybe I have new ideas you've never thought of. 

I am still young so I'm always open to new ideas, the world isn't just in black and white for me, I have good morals and will fight for what I know is right. I am a hard worker, I am independent, and I support myself. I am intelligent and use my brain more often than you'd think, I have learned through my experiences as well as other people's, I observe people and their actions and reactions, and I study psychology in my spare time. I am a very caring person and I do not judge based on appearance, or judge someone before I have met them. I appreciate the little things in life and see the beauty that a lot of people pass by. I wonder about how the world works and I find the answers to my own questions, I take every little thing and take it as a learning experience and I write about it to remind myself when I sometimes forget. I speak up for those who don't have a voice and for those who aren't always loud enough to be heard. I believe that there are good people in this world but there are also a lot of careless, selfish people. One of my biggest values is family and togetherness. I am sensitive, emotional and empathetic, I will always lend an ear or a shoulder to cry on for anyone that needs it. If you are willing to listen to my advice or even take it I will offer it. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. And most importantly, I care about the well-being of others. 

I know I am not perfect and I know that I often make mistakes but I always correct myself, learn from the experience and make myself a better person. I try not to go to bed angry and I always forgive those who have done me wrong and apologize to those that I have done wrong or treated poorly. I am not bragging or tooting my own horn, just simply stating that my age does not mean anything. It's not about how old you are, it's about how much you've learned in those years and applied to your life. I know that I don't know everything there is to know but I am not ignorant and I usually know what I am talking about so if you could take the time to listen to what I have to say I will do the same for you. I respect everyone equally (unless given a reason not to) and I expect to be respected as well and treated as the mature, young woman that I am. This does not just apply to me but to every young person who also feels this way. The moral of my story here is: 

Take the time to listen to others, regardless of their age, race, gender and so on. They might surprise you and make more sense than you thought they would. 

1 comment: